Click on Images to Enlarge!

Friday, March 21, 2008

Japanese Black Pine, Mikawa



I aquired this tree a few years ago and at the time it was one of my best trees and much larger than it is now.... This was the tree I took to my first ever workshop in 2005 with Boon. Since then my eye has grown and I now realize what we did was not the best. Now it is time to make a better tree....
Before
I thinned this tree of old needles and I bet 200 unwanted buds!! The back budding on this thing was crazy. Some pictures of bending branches,

Now the finsished image for the time bieng.....
I am deciding what to do with the lower branching on the right.
I think 1 of them needs to go for sure while the other gets shortened quite a bit or removed all together. Time to get to work on it :)
Back

No comments: