Click on Images to Enlarge!

Monday, April 21, 2008

Literati Ponderosa Pine

Here is a little Ponderosa collected in cascades last year. It has excellent root growth and the buds look phenominal so it is ok to work on it now.....
Here it is after collection....

Something had to be done with the bottom 1/3 of the trunk. It is far to straight and I think a change in the planting angle is in order...
After work has been done.



What I like as the new front.....

The trunk goes away from you at the bottom but then comes back to the viewer at the top.
This angle also shows the best trunk movement, lichens and excellent bark. The foliage goes away from the viewer which I actully kinda like. Some branches will be cut off in time, but for now I decided to keep them until I put the tree in a nice pot.
About 36 inhes tall.

No comments: