Today I brought it in and removed most of the wire because it was starting to bite in. I left the wire on the lower branches since it was still good. I also thought now would be a good time to start working it into a different pot. I have a really nice pot that I had in mind for it but it turned out to be too small for now. So I went with this pot from China I had laying around. The root growth is phenominal!! It was root bound in the old pot only after 2 years in that pot and 3 years out of the ground!
Repotting.... Yeah, that pot is a bit too small.....
Finished for now... Back
Soon I will needle prune and rewire the top 2/3 of the tree. I didn't cut any roots in getting it into this pot. In 2 years I will do a root layer (think underground airlayer) so that I can get the tree a bit more centered in a pot. I will update as I needle prune and repositon branches.